Facts About the Brand – Microsoft
The brand Microsoft is the giant in Software industry. The name stands for 38 years and still it is on top from its inception. Bill Gates and Paul Allen started it on April 4, 1975. They actually started to develop and sell BASIC interpreters for microprocessor called “Altair 880”, and there it was started their Operating System market with its MS-DOS and Windows series of OS’s. Here we will going to see the interesting facts about the brand–Microsoft.
Of course, during its journey Microsoft has come across notable events, here they are…
Microsoft a glance
- While doing high school Bill Gates and Paul Allen, Co-founders showed their talent by cracking the security system of Computer Center Corp. After that both of them hired by CCC to work with them on bugs and weaknesses of CCC systems.
- Initially it was called “Micro-Soft”, later while incorporated in 1981, it was named as Microsoft Inc.
- The software engineers working in Microsoft getting a take home salary of $106,000 and they are referred to as “Softies”
- In the journey of the Giant, Microsoft has acquired over 150 companies, which includes Hotmail, Vision Corp., Yammer and Skype, they are the One billion companies in the list.
- Try to create folder in the names like CON, PRN, AUX or NUL…. Oops, you can’t these are DOS reserved keywords.
- Windows is originally called by Microsoft at the inception stage as “Interface Manager” , but marketing team felt “Windows” as the best option.
- Microsoft planes to acquiring SEGA, but the deal didn’t succeed because Bill Gates felt the gaming company don’t have muscle to fight with SONY.
- There we only three employees and $16,000 in the bank, when Microsoft Incorporated, but by 2008 its staff count close to 96,000 and stacked up revenue approx.$60 billion
- Traf-O-Data another company start-up by Bill Gates and Paul Allen before Microsoft at their high school time, it was formed with the purpose to process raw data from roadside traffic counters to give reports and analysis for engineers
- WinVer 1.4, the first virus attached Windows in 1992
- Microsoft fixed the price as $500 million for YouTube, but Google acquired it for $1.6 billion (double the price)
- The infamous start-up tune for windows 95 was composed by Brian Eno, he was paid $35,000 for the same.
- Windows Oxygen, is the main reason for Windows XP, but as per marketing team direction, it changed to Windows eXPerience.
- Microsoft’s 30th employee is the current CEO of Microsoft, Steve Ballmer. He starred in the Windows 1.0 commercial as a salesman.
- 76:23 is the working force ration of male and female employees, and average employee age is 38.4 years
- Try typing “Q33N” in Windings font, it will show you a image that makes you to remember the flight attack over WTC September 9, 2001.
The Software Giant Microsoft makes remarkable impression all around the globe. Still it has competition and successes on its way.
Yes, you can add if anything strikes in your mind about Microsoft here.
Thanks for visiting.